Friday 5 August 2011

Gael Clichy: "I have made the right decision."

City new boy Gael Clichy has an interview in the MEN today that will be music to the ears of the fans who have put up with nothing but spiteful nonsense in the press so far this week (barring one other interview with Adam Johnson). 

Clichy alraady feeling at home with City

The French international defender was a bargain at £7m from Arsenal and may prove to be one of the signings of the season. He's certainly looked the part when he has featured this pre-season anyway.

It is clear that Gael has fond memories from his time at Arsenal, he was part of the famous Arsenal Invincibles and was the last of them to leave the club.

"I spent an amazing 8 years at Arsenal and I have some great memories... They have made me the player I am today - without them I wouldn't have reached this level."

"But in life you need to progress and I was ready for a new challenge. I need to push myself and that was the main reason for the move. I felt like I just needed something more and I really feel that City could be the Club to make me improve as an individual."

And as with the signing of Aguero, where fellow Argentinian Pablo Zabaleta gave him the lowdown on life at the Club, Patrick Vieira was also a big factor in Clichy's decision to move to East Manchester;

"I spoke with a few players and I spoke with Patrick as well. And talking with people at the club...you can feel that this club has the desire to win things."

After only being with City for a month, Gael says that "City can give me everything I'm looking for."

Gael also describes how he initially felt apprehensive after first signing and admits that for some players "it can even take years because you need time to adapt to your new life, new team-mates, new systems."

But despite those initial concerns he says "I already feel like I have been here for a long time.

"The lads have been brilliant to me, on and off the pitch.

"The fact that we are playing and getting to know each other every day will help our bond."

The left full back has impressed fans in his run-outs in pre-season and has linked up very well with a number of other players in the team. It isn't certain whether he will get the nod ahead of Aleks Kolarov for the Community Shield on Sunday but for now Gael is confident about his future at City.

"I am sure we will do great things and that's why I signed for City. I believe we will have a lot of success."

Lets hope so eh?

Click this link for the full interview: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1454858_gael-clichy-patrick-vieira-put-me-on-to-a-winner-with-manchester-city?rss=yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing abusive, foul or discriminatory language will not be published.